Here are a number of resources that have been useful or helpful during the development of gedcom4j. Thanks to all of them for their services and assistance and for making information readily availabile.
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
- Family Historian
- Family Tree Maker
- Google Code
- Graham Seaman
- Heiner Eichmann's GEDCOM 5.5 Sample Page, with excellent information about ANSEL encoding
- Java (at Oracle)
- Legacy Family Tree
- Modern Software Experience (Tamura Jones's site)
- Trent Mick's blog
Applications using gedcom4j
- gedantic - the "official" demonstration site for gedcom4j, which allows you to upload a GEDCOM file and find anomalies and items suggesting more research.
- Facetree - an application that cross-references photographs to genealogical data
- Genealogy Assistance Programme - a desktop application in German and English.
- Gliesians - a site by Robert Liguori, co-author of O'Reilly's Java 8 Pocket Guide, with some genealogy utilities (among other things) using gedcom4j and JSF
- Genealogy : GEDCOM viewer - An interactive family tree viewer for Android
- KinsMap - An interactive family tree viewer for Android with some novel and interesting visualizations and diagrams