v3.2.0 is a minor release with a number of backward-compatible API changes for bug fixes and enhancements.
- No issue numbers, but changed:
- Minimum language level is now Java 7. Much code has been refactored to reflect this and to begin using Java 7 idioms.
- Refactoring to use getters/setters throughout code (including tests) instead of direct field access, now that javabeans are the norm since 3.0.0
- Merging in work from contributor Mark Sikes to introduce some new mix-in-like classes into the model, and to pull up common methods into the intermediate classes, to reduce repeated code and position for better validation
- Issue #122 - Created IndividualFactory class to make creation of Individuals easy
- Issue #123 - Created FamilyFactory class to make creation of Families easy and ensuring proper relationship connections between model objects
- Issue #127 - Enhanced the Finder class to allow searching for individuals by events in a date range
- Issue #130 - Fixed usage of AbstractNameVariation and created the PlaceNameVariation class for romanized/phonetic variants of place names.
- Issue #132 - Introduced a number of superclasses and refactored cut-and-pasted code into them to reduce redundancy.
- Issue #134 - Implemented Soundex algorithm and added to Finder so you can find people with names that sound like another name without needing exact spelling